Walnut Dessert Bites
This is a light and delicious dessert!
2 cups millet
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/4 cup potato starch
1 tsp plus
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1½ tsp guar gum
1½ tsp baking powder
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs honey plus extra honey for drizzling
2 eggs plus 1 egg
4 tbs butter (if you are frying)
1 cup raspberries or other fruit
1. In a blender make your own millet flour by blending whole, uncooked millet for 1 - 2 minutes.
2. In a large bowl mix the millet flour, walnuts, potato starch, first teaspoon of cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, guar gum and baking powder.
3. In a small bowl whisk the milk, vanilla, 2 tablespoons of honey and two of the eggs together.
4. Combine the dry and wet ingredients together to create a batter.
5. Form the batter into small balls (bites). You may need to flour your hands to keep the batter from sticking to your hands.
6. In a medium size bowl whisk the last egg and the last tsp of cinnamon together.
7. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
8. Dip the bites in the egg mixture and place in the skillet.
9. Brown the bites on each side.
10. Serve drizzled with honey and garnished with fruit of your choice.
Note: For a healthier option bake in an oiled teacake pan at 375 degrees fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
Yields 12 servings
Click here to comment on this recipe
Please email your favorite millet recipe to jean@GoldenPrairie.com.
(pictures are welcomed)