Broccoli Pine Nut Millet
The simplicity of this dish is what makes it so great. If you have your heart set on using something other than butter, it is recommended that you use Earth Balance to keep that yummy buttery taste that complements the pine nuts and broccoli so well.
1 cup Millet
2½ cups Water
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 cups broccoli florets
(about 2 small heads)
3 tbs butter
2 garlic cloves
1 lemon - juice and zest
¼ cup pine nuts, or more, to taste Freshly grated parmesan
1. Bring the millet and water to boil
and simmer for twenty minutes.
2. In a large skillet melt the butter. Add the pine nuts and chopped or sliced garlic. Saute until golden.
3. Add salt, freshly ground pepper, juice of half of the lemon. Stir and set aside, away from direct heat.
4. Steam the broccoli for 5 - 6 minutes until the broccoli is bright green and cooked but not limp.
5. Stir the broccoli and millet in with the pine nuts and garlic butter.
6. Top with freshly grated parmesan and lemon zest. Garnish with lemon slices. Serve.
Yields 6 servings
Click here to comment on this recipe
Please email your favorite millet recipe to jean@GoldenPrairie.com.
(pictures are welcomed)