These are great for breakfast or a snack. So delicious they disappear quickly!
2 cups raw and uncooked millet
½ cup tapioca starch
1 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
½ cup butter substitute, softened
½ cup coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon extract (or vanilla)
1½ cups blueberries, washed
1 lemon (for zest) Raw sugar (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
3. Make your own millet flour by blending 2 cups of dry millet in a blender for approximately two minutes.
4. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
5. In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients and the lemon zest.
6. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry until the batter is smooth.
7. Stir in the blueberries, gently with a large spoon.
8. Fill the muffin cups with the batter.
9. Bake for 22 - 25 minutes.
10. Allow to cool, top with raw sugar and lemon zest (optional) and enjoy!
Yields 18 servings
Click here to comment on this recipe
Please email your favorite millet recipe to jean@GoldenPrairie.com.
(pictures are welcomed)